Burnaby’s Willingdon Linear Park Earns Envision Silver
The Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure (ISI) announced today that the Willingdon Linear Park located in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada is the recent recipient of the Envision® Silver award for sustainable infrastructure.
The project consists of approximately 1.17 kilometres of park and trail development, spanning thirteen city blocks. The road rehabilitation and construction of the park included milling of existing asphalt, asphalt replacement, construction of a new multi-use pathway, extensive landscaping, retaining walls, and other features.
The Willingdon Linear Park accomplishes several goals and meets the needs of the community by:
- incorporating multi-use pathways;
- offering safe pedestrian and cyclist road and laneway crossings;
- integrating rest areas and pocket parks;
- enhancing user comfort through park furnishings, lighting, trees, and other features; and
- establishing character and distinction to the area.
The City of Burnaby worked closely with Eurovia British Columbia and ISL Engineering to deliver this award-winning sustainable project.
Learn more about the project by visiting the PROJECT PAGE.