ISI has reached a milestone—its 100th Envision verified project. In addition to celebrating that achievement, we also wanted to take a look back at the very first project every verified using the Envision framework and rating system.
The 141,000-square-foot William Jack Hernandez Sport Fish Hatchery is the heart of Alaska’s sport fish stocking program and the largest indoor sport fish hatchery in North America.
- Includes more than 100 fish rearing tanks
- Raises Chinook and Coho salmon, rainbow trout, Arctic char, and Arctic grayling
- Produces more than six million fish per year
- Stocks 200 different locations
- State-of-the-art water recirculation technologies use approximately five percent of the waterand energy required in a conventional hatcheryHDR was the prime consultant for this state-of-the-art hatchery.