Socially Just and Equitable Infrastructure; COVID-19: Road to Recovery
Jun 28, 2023 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
ENV SP Credential Maintenance hours: 2 Prescribed hours
Qualification Credentials: RCEP PDH
*This course qualifies toward 2 prescribed hours of education toward ENV SP credential maintenance.
Part 1 of this 2-part webinar takes a look at how justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion intersect with the infrastructure industry. Their importance and relationship with each other is explored, while the process of how to achieve and measure equitable outcomes is provided.
Part 2 begins by comparing and contrasting how various infrastructure sectors were affected by the shock of COVID-19, before focusing on how an emphasis on resilience is required to safeguard infrastructure assets from future "black sheep" events.
- Define the benefits of equity and social justice as they pertain to infrastructure.
- Recognize the process of transforming community engagement into project development.
- Prioritize social equity evaluation methods to measure the success of a project.
- Differentiate between the state of various infrastructure sectors before and after COVID-19.
- Recognize the infrastructure industry as uniquely situated to serve as a foundation for recovery.
- Define the importance of resiliency in mitigating future shock events.